Whether, you are focused on, becoming, as prepared as possible, to purchase a home, of your own, or, you are concerned about any aspect, of maximizing your personal credit, in a personally, beneficial way, it’s important and essential, as well as wise, to pay keen attention, to credit – related issues, and to take, every possible step, to maximize your comfort zone, and proceed throughout life, in a far less stressful way! Having been involved in finance, and financial planning for decades, as well as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, for approximately 15 years, I believe, most people, might benefit from, knowing, understanding, using, and taking advantage of these 5 steps, to improve your credit – worthiness. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, why this is an important consideration, for each of us.
1. Obtain a copy of your Credit Report: You are entitled to, once – per – year, receive a copy of your Credit Report, from one of the 3 major bureaus. Look at more, than merely, the rating number, but, also examine and consider, the factors and considerations, involved! Review this document, carefully, and inspect for any errors, etc.
2. Correct errors: Proactively, proceed, and correct all errors! You can do so, by yourself, or use, one of the major companies, which specialize in addressing and correcting these!
3. Pay down your debts: Begin, paying – down, your debts and obligations. Prioritizing, paying off, those with the highest interest rates, first, and, you will reduce your monthly obligations, easing your financial life, while enhancing your personal credit! Lending institutions, etc, weigh your existing debt, when making decisions, about granting future loans, including mortgages, etc.
4. Avoid new debts: When paying off your existing bills, avoid making the mistake of acquiring any new debt! Avoid taking out new credit cards, because of any considerations. Many make the mistake of acquiring new ones, because a special rate, etc, is offered. Remember, the goal, must be, proceeding with a better, financial plan!
5. Check again, after about 6 months: Fixing this, takes time, effort, commitment, and personal discipline! It should be a step – by – step, process, and, if done properly, effectively, and thoroughly, you should begin to see improvements. After about 6 months, check again!
Make your life, easier, and more comfortable, by paying keen attention, to the best way, to improve your personal finances, etc! Will you commit to this process, and action plan?